Re: [T3] List vs Forum

<x-flowed>On 07/04/2004, at 3:10 PM, Petri O. Calderon Larjanko wrote:

Yeah, winter is just around the corner here, wohooo, that means cool days
with lots of sun to wrench, but short days. Here in Sydney the weather is
pretty good in winter with a lot of times me hanging out on a t-shirt. But
it has it's bad days too.

I have just come inside from working on my Fastback, and it is starting to get a bit chilly out. The sun is just setting, and it reads 10˚C on the thermometer outside. I like working in the cool rather than in the hot sun though.

I am pretty excited because the Australian VW Nationals are next weekend, I
won't be showing my car because it's still not in a state to be shown, but I
will be driving it there. I have not been at a VW show here in Australia
yet so I am not sure how good they are for parts but I am hoping to find
some cheap, much needed parts for my notch.

I have been getting my car ready for the NZ VW nationals that we are having over Easter- I am leaving tomorrow morning. Luckily it is only a 3 hour drive away. Are there any other NZ listees that are going?

On a side note, my steering has felt a bit weird for a while. I have tried to figure out what it was before but never notice anything wrong. Today I noticed that the top of the steering box was loose, all 4 bolts had started to work their way out, it was lucky I spotted that! Is there supposed to be lock plates or something to stop them working loose, or do the spring washers do a good enough job of holding them down?

Ben Doughney

'63 1200 - Ringo
'71 1600TL
'65 1500N - Val