Re: [T3] Speedo question

> No, there's nothing in the speedo that you can adjust, but a speedo shop can
> adjust it for you if you can tell them what you need. You'll need to talk with
> them first.
>
> It is POSSIBLE that they could also change the gearing so that the odometer
> would also work right, but I doubt if you'll find anywhere that still has VDO
> gears available for this anymore.

Yeah, I had a suspicion that this may be it, but I am not too worried.

>> I also wonder if I can figure out the percentage the diameter has changed
>> and thus increase the speed (in my head) by that much more:
>
> If you can find a measured mile (or measured kilometer) and drive thru it
> holding the speedo at an indicated 60 mi/hr (60 km/hr) while timing yourself.
> If your speedo is accurate, this should take exactly 60 seconds. Compare your
> time and the ratio will give you the % that your speedo is off.

Yes, this sounds like a good test.  But it will take me a while to do this
because the nearest measured kilometer is about 60 KM from where I live and
on a HWY that I rarely use and when I do use it is with our second car, not
the notch.

But thanks for the ideas :)
--
Petri