Re: [T3] Speedo question

>> I also wonder if I can figure out the percentage the diameter has changed
>> and thus increase the speed (in my head) by that much more:
>> For example, let's say that from 165-15 to 195/50-15 the diameter decreased
>> by 3%, thus I can go 3% faster than what the speedo shows and still keep
>> under or at the speed limit.
>
> Petri, you might want to have a look at this site.
> http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
> You will have to add an 80 in the 165 tire size, meaning you'll have to size
> the tire like this, 165-80-15 . This will then allow the system to calculate
> the difference. I hope this helps.

Bob, you are a legend (Aussie slang for a cool guy), that is exactly what I
wanted to calculate.  Thanks so much for that.  It's a very significant
change isn't it?  Especially when you choose a metric conversion.   At
100KMH I am actually going about 10KMH slower.  Since my speedo is actually
in MPH, then I think I will start going 5MPH faster than the speed limit if
I want to keep with the crowd, but more than likely I will just keep reading
the speedo as a true speed, I am not in a hurry :-)

Does anyone else know the answer to my other question?  Is it possible to
adjust the speedo on my own or do I have to take it somewhere?

Thanks again Bob.

Petri
71 notch