Re: [T3] Headliner and Seat Covers for 65 Variant/Squareback

<x-flowed>>> I just ordered and received a new headliner from California Imports
(www.CIP1.com).  It is a TMI headliner.  $60.  I haven't installed it
yet and won't for a little while.  Still since I still haven't got
Sophy painted.  Goal is to have her ready for the Michigan Vintage VW
show during the middle of May.  Will be a push for that show....but we
will see.

Took the headliner from the box this weekend to inspect it. Quality of the materials and stitching look very good. I was a little disappointed in the finished level of the kit. The picture on CIP's website shows the headliner with the pillar and window trim all attached and cut out looking like it will just be a matter of gluing it in.

What you get is a large rectangle of perforated vinyl with the appropriate seams and pockets for the wire stringers and a large rectangle of material for the pillar trim. Nothing else. Looks to be plenty of material for it all, but you are left to cut all the pieces to the right size and shape and then fit it all. I have done the pillars before so I am not concerned, but was just hoping this "kit" would make it easier. Guess not.

I will try to take pictures as a go and post them to the web someday.

Later,
John Jaranson
'66 Square (Sophy)
'71 Fasty (Jane - darkside project in waiting)
various parts.....don't we all.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jaransonT3/jaransonT3/
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jaransonT3/2004Invasion/
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jaransonT3/notavwclub/