RE: [T3] More confusing things, at least to me

BTDT, guilty as charged. When I purchased my
'67 Sqbk, it had popping heads, and the dealer
sold it to me as junk, so they would not have
to pass smog testing before selling it. This
meant that I had to have a safety inspection
of brakes, lights, etc. I couldn't get the
back-up lights to work, so I removed them. If
they aren't there, they can't inspect them!

To mask the lack of back-up lights, I fabbed
a pair of tie down T's to bolt into the holes
in the bumper.

Since '67 was a transition year, there are
undoubtedly early '67s that were shipped
without them, as was a '67 bus I once had,
so I figured I could talk my way out if they
asked. They didn't.

If this had happened two owners ago to your
car, the seller wouldn't have known. Same
for other hidden mysteries.

Sometimes the seller is just plain ignorant
about the condition. I sold the '67 bus before
I found any more problems. Everything I touched
was crappily done, so I cut my losses and sold
it before I knew any more. I wanted to be able
to plead ignorance, and still have a good
conscience.

Jeff '67 Sqbk, and yes, I saved the lights
and will re-install them