Re: [T3] Engine Alignment

Jim wrote:
>I'd rather see you mark the positions of the support brackets, and then
remove
>the 4 bolts that connect the rubber mounts to the welded-in brackets. Then
you
>could jack up the engine and slip some spacer washers in between the mounts
and
>the brackets, which would have the effect of lifting the rear of the engine
by
>about the thickness of the spacers.

Yes, this is how my old Square was when I got it. On mine the PO used longer
bolts and 2 engine to trans nuts (per side) for the shims.  It worked ok, but
I removed them when I was in there as it seemed to sit to high for my carbs.
 You might want to try flipping the bellows over and see if it fits better,
as they are tapered. I only say that because on my dad's type3 the bellows had
been installed upside down (big lugs up), and we tried to flip it over, but it
had already taken its new shape. It had a kink in the top, and that was what
got my attention. We compared his to my 3 type 3's here and ALL of mine have
the large lug down. I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Square AT-the baby suburban
       70 Fasty AT