Re: [T3] A Lesson Learned

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:29:47 -0500, Jim Adney wrote:

>On 27 Sep 2003 at 16:46, Mark Healey wrote:
>
>> I was planning to get a spare and carry it around but never got to it
>> and it costs me U$33 in towing.
>>
>> When I get a replacement I'm getting two.
>
>I once made an emergency replacement from a length of galvanized electric fence
>wire. It's from a spool that I keep around just for odds-and-ands uses here. It
>worked fine once I wrapped one end around a tree and tugged on the other end
>until it stretched a bit and went completely straight. You can use almost
>anything that is small enough to fit thru and stiff enough to push on.

As I was sitting on the freeway I was thinking "If only I wasn't
wearing zories.  I could remove the engine compartment lid and use
my shoelaces to get me home."

One interesting side story.  I was stopped right after an on-ramp next
to a hill (from the 5 north to the 163 north for those in San Diego)
on the right(hill) side.  While I was waiting for the tow truck some
jackass was passing a van on the on-ramp by riding in the apron,
where I was stopped.  He didn't make it and had to brake suddenly and
scraped the hillside.  As Nelson form the Simpsons would say "Ha Ha".

Mark Healey
71 FI auto square
71 FI manual square
marksvw@healeyonline.com