Re: [T3] MPS update

On 24 Sep 2003 at 0:08, David V.N. wrote:

> 0 280 100 043B
> 1969 Fastback manual trans.

Without the B this is the Pressure Sensor for a '74-6 2L 914.

> > So what brain and PS do you have?
>
> I have several
> Bosch # 's=0 280 000 048 < This is for a '73 type 3 (E type)
>                  0 280 000 005 < This is for a '70 type 3 (C type)
>                  0 280 000 019 < This is for a '71 type 3 (D type)

>                  and another with no tag or pressed in numbers
>                 (it's also the one that seems to work)

There's no way to tell what this is without some way to identify it. It is
probably not for a VW. I never saw one that had no identifier, but your sticker
might have fallen off. This would be odd, however, because the OE Bosch
stickers are very durable, and MOST of the brains had the number stamped in the
metal. I've never seen a brain that was correct for a 69 (a B brain) that was
marked any way other than stamped into the metal.

On 24 Sep 2003 at 10:09, Mark Fuhriman wrote:

> > 1969 Fastback manual trans.
>
> For this car you need this pressure sensor:
> Bosch # 0 280 100 001
> VW # 311 906 051B
>
> And you need this brain:
> Bosch # 0 280 000 003
> VW # 311 906 021B

Mark's right. These are the correct parts for your car. We might want to look
at your injectors, however. What color plastic are they molded from? Do the
hoses come straight out of them or are the hoses molded into a right angle?

Type 3 injectors have Bosch part numbers ending in 001 (black) or 007 (yellow)
and have straight hoses. I'm talking about the short piece of hose that's
crimped onto the outboard end of each injector.

In spite of the fact that this car seems to be put together with a hodge-podge
of parts, the fact that it used to work okay and then changed makes me think
we're barking up the wrong tree. Did it change suddenly? Or did it get slowly
and progressively worse?

Have you checked the charging system regulating voltage?