Re: [T3] MPS update

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Adney" <jadney@vwtype3.org>
 > Only the 68-9 FI systems have a microswitch built into the TVS. This one
makes
> a click when moving in and out of the idle position. This 68-9 switch has
a 2-
> pin connector. Does your TVS also click with the key OFF?

Yes,it does.It seems like a mechanical click as in microswitch.

>[The 68-9 switch will
> click with the key either ON or OFF.] Is there also a sensor hanging from
the
> underside of the right side intake air runners?

It's there.Pressure switch ,I think.

> The 70-3 switches (which is what I think you should have) have 4 or 5 pins
and
> are just sliding contacts. There's nothing inside that can make a sound.
If
> your TVS click goes away when you turn the key OFF then you're probably
hearing
> a sound from somewhere else, rather than from the TVS.

It has just two contacts.

> Is there some chance that you have the early switch? Maybe someone has
cobbled
> together a mosaic FI system and that may be part of your problem.

A distinct possibility.Found air deflectors on top of cylinders during
rebuild!

> > > Hmmm..., I'm not sure that you should get injector clicks when
jumpering
> > > between trigger point pins,
> >
> > I do the jumpring with ign. on.
>
> Right, I assumed that, otherwise everything's dead. I think we both
understand
> that.
>
> > Anyway I am,(horrors of horrors),considering carbs.The MPS seems to be
made
> > of unobtanium.
> > Only price I can find is $750us !!!!!!!!!
>
> I have them for $50 in good used condition. I agree that $750 is absurd,
but
> the fact that your late TVS "clicks" bothers me, because it means that
there's
> something wrong with this picture. We need to figure out what it is before
we
> start throwing parts at it.

I would normally agree but my brain was fogged from being engulphed in
billowing
clouds of white smoke!   8^}