Re: [T3] Running in new Pistons

> Are there any recommendations for running in a new set? I think I read
> somewhere that you should run the engine hard  for a few minutes to ensure
> the rings bed themselves properly. Is that a good method? I was just going
> to oil them well on assembly but do they need something special? Is there
> recommended procedure from the gurus?

Run the engine EASY for the first few hundred miles... oil change at 300-500
with a strainer clean,  just as you would with a new engine.  Your main
concern is vary the speed for the first 1000 miles or so, no long full
throttle hill pulls... or steady cruising. at 1500 miles it should be broken
it and another oil change.

> Also I'm going to replace some valves. The guides seem OK but again for
> peace of mind I'd like to replace the exhausts

DONT go CHEAP on the valves!!!  replace ALL the guides, and at least the
exaust valves but Id do the intakes too...  these heads have a hard time
just holding up for 60K miles so you sure dont want to put something of less
quality than stock in there, the results can be very expensive!

Keith