Re: 70 T3 FI question

 > If the pump is running you know that at least some
> of the FI system is
> funcional. You've verified the 12V power is getting
> to the brain, that the
> brain has a good ground, and that at least one small
> part of the brain is
> functioning correctly.

Yes, the pump works, although now the relay isnt
kicking it in again. The pump does run when I put
power to the wire. Minor problem now that I know what
the relay does and it seems to be sticky or fickle.

> > No, I have never head any tiny clicks when in the
> engine compartment.
>
> Then either your injectors are rusted closed from
> sitting too long with water
> in the fuel, or your trigger points are dirty and
> not making contact. Test the
> trigger contacts first.
>
> Using an Ohmmeter, measure between the center pin on
> the side of the dist and
> one side pin with the wiring harness disconnected.
> Get someone to crank the
> engine with the starter while you do this. The
> resistance should alternate
> between very high and very low. Repeat the test
> between the center pin and the
> other side pin. If either side stays open. Remove
> the distributor and clean the
> trigger points. DO NOT file them. Just clean them
> with a clean piece of paper
> slid between the points.

By touching the center and each outside pin, the
needle on the ohmmeter either stays put or goes all
the way over to the right side (like I touched the two
meter wires together).
When I crank the engine, the ohmmeter fluctuates back
and forth, using up about the middle third of the
screen.

So this shows that the trigger points are working ok
???

David