Re: [T3] battery voltage ---> Head Temp Sensor Wire --> Aha!

--- jim <vjimw@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In an attempt to trouble shoot my car, I hooked up
> my pressure gauge and it measured 30
> PSI.  When doing that, I bumped the wire for the
> head temperature sensor and the car
> started to die.  I moved the wire again and it ran
> better.  Bump wire = die, move back =
> smooth idle.  This happened with a regularity that I
> am not familiar with when trouble
> shooting my car, perhaps it is the problem. (Most
> problems I have been having are very
> intermittent.)

Damn... Could this be the problem I had last night on
the side of the road? Car died. Definitely some kind
of electrical contact problem, due to vibration over a
bump. Generator light on, car won't start, all
connections to VR, battery, coil, generator, starter
seemingly solid. A few days ago I did take some rotted
electrical tape off the white wire that leads to that
clip, then to the temp sensor. The wire looked pretty
chewed, but I thought it was OK. Wondering how to
replace that wire from harness to clip... Cut and
solder in a new piece?

Anyway, is this most likely my problem?

This list ROCKS!

=====