Re: [T3] Gas Pedal

On 16 Sep 2003 at 9:16, Bryan, David wrote:

> I was starting my first ever VW "Edith", a 69 FB last evening and the gas
> pedal pad and the actual pedal separated.
>
> It looks like its on a roller type assembly and the metal broke?

The pedal is a metal flap, hinged at the bottom. There is a rubber cover over
it which may have just come off. If that's what happened the rubber pad can
just be worked back onto the metal part. It has to be fit all around so just
work on this until you get it.

If the hinge at the bottom of the metal flap has broken then you will have to
figure out exactly what is broken so we can suggest a suitable repair.

The pedal doesn't actually connect to the roller, it just pushes against it.
You can see the "cam" on the back of the pedal that does this. BTW, if you have
the pedal out, you may notice a bit of a burr at the top of this cam. This burr
often catches on the carpet, so anytime you have this apart is a good time to
file off that burr.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org