Re: [T3] Exhaust system replacement

On 14 Sep 2003 at 12:37, Kurt Nolte wrote:

> Now that m'darling is back on the road and running smooth, I've decided that
> a few other things need fixing. Namely, her exhaust system. The system
> currently on her is one of the "dual pack" things, and is holey as anything.
> How much (approx) would it cost me to revert to stock? I'd need new heat
> exchangers too; closer examination shows me that there are large holes in
> them too. Thanks in advance for any info that comes my way!

You're probably missing the small, upper rear heat exchangers completely, but
holes in the outer jacket of the big lower heat exchangers are no real problem,
unless you're driving in cold weather and need heat.

Upper heat exchangers can often be found on stock mufflers which people are
trying to sell. If you can't find any, I should be able to come up with a pair,
but they are expensive since so many are missing and have been thrown away when
aftermarket mufflers were installed.