[T3] Replacement heat shielding for engine lid?

<x-flowed>The heat shielding on my engine lid ('67 square) appears to be stock. It's a fiberglass - type insulator with a reflective sheet of aluminum foil stuff sandwiching it against the lid. It's getting really ratty on my car and I'm wondering if there's a good industrial replacement. Something that deadens sound would be a definite plus. At the moment I don't have any carpet back there (almost ready to spring for a $45 kit) and the engine is a bit noisy for my taste. I've already sealed up the lid's contact to the hole in the trunk with some weather stripping, but it didn't do much, as the hole does not seal completely. The last owner cut part of the trunk to make space for the air cleaners that are on there (dammit, should have just used some different cleaners) so there are some nice spaces for noise to come through. As seen here..

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/index.mv?photo+106743.jpg

But I digress... Back to the topic at hand...

Basically I'm looking for something to replace the ratty insulation. Suggestions?

By the way - I got my car starting with the starter for a total cost of $0.00. I've been bump starting it and parking on hills since I bought her. All I had to do was take out the starter, take it apart, not find anything wrong, put it back together, and it worked. How about that! Finally I can drive my square daily. Now, for stereo...

Steve