Re: [T3] Bran' new baby!

I thought squab was the proper word for the seat base (rather than the
backrest), but maybe it's just a UK word.

I've just looked up the part number for the lower front-seat spring core 311 881
305 B.  The workshop manual says this is available for the taller driver.
However, it also mentions the seat stops.  Pre-67 they were on the seats
apparently, but after that they were a single plate on the rear of the inner
rail.

Maybe later on they decided the seat couldn't fall off the back of the runner,
and stopped bothering to fit them on all but the Squareback.  There's a comment
about the carpet becomoing detached from the adhesive strip if the seat moves
too far back - I've got rubber mats that cover floor and tunnel, one for front
and one for rear, so maybe as I've not got the carpet, I don't need the stop.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------