[T3] New to the list

Having read the list for some time I thought it about time to open some dialogue.
I live in South Australia and have owned VWs on and off since 1968.
At present I have a 1969 Notch Auto which I bought as a project car with the sole aim of restoration.
I always wanted a 69 so that I finished up with the older style body, rounded bumper bars, but with disc brakes and 12 volt electricals and IRS.
So far the car has been stripped down to the last nut, bolt and grommet, grit blasted to bare metal and partly reassembled after the panels were all repainted in 2 pack off the car. Naturally all trims, nuts, bolts, grommets and fittings removed to avoid any overspray. In fact it was so bare that masking prior to spraying was not need, nothing to mask. Bonnet, boot and doors still to be fitted.
The motor has been completely rebuilt and at present I am in the process of doing a front to back rewire.
So far the project has taken me 5 years and cost me about $5000. I estimate I will double this to finish the job in about 12 months.
Luckily enough I live in the driest state on the driest continent so rust basically does not exist. We never have snow, it only gets cold in the winter with frosts very occasionally. The only rust in the car was at the bulkhead side of the area where the petrol tank fits in and the front air vent on the passenger side probably caused by a build up of water/leaves due to blocked drains.
My biggest problem is that T3s are not that popular here, every one wants a beetle, so parts etc. are hard to obtain and expensive.
I wish to acknowledge the help the list has given me so far and if anything ever arises about the Australian T3 scene or cars I will be only to happy to assist, bearing in mind I am not a mechanic and everything I know about them is self taught.
Regards,
Hank.
1969 VW Notchback AT RHD (under restoration)