[T3] For want of a stop plate...

So there I was, got the engine in, hooked up the electrical, all the hoses, cables, etc.
I filled the engine with oil, went to adjust the clutch. Hmmm, that's odd...the more I
tighten the wingnut-the closer the clutch pedal gets to the floor! OMG, it's parallel to
the floorboard after the last adjustment! Did I forget to tighten the pedal assembly? No,
both bolts are there, what else? Oh no! When the shop that did the resto put the new
floors in, goodbye to the stop plate that bolts in front of the pedal assembly and keeps
the pedals in a nice upright position. That explains why the brake rides so durn high,
nuts! I know there should be a bracket there, it bolts through the floorboard and is
adjustable, BUT... it doesn't exactly show in my manual (Haynes) *and* ifin I did know
what it looks like, where does it bolt through? So, I ask of you all, the most
knowledgable Type 3 people I can think of, just what does this dang thing look like and
just where is it located in relation to the firewall and tunnel? If I had this info, I
could fab one and install it and adjust my brake and clutch pedal and put some gas in her
and fire her up and drive her around and wave to people and be happy. Without
it..nothing. So, anyone? Puh-leeze help me...(crying noises in background)
David Walters
'73 1600 L Notchback
S. Fl, USA