Re: Kamei foot rest (was: Re: pictures - Re: [T3] 9/7 Newark, Calif. show (near SF))

<x-flowed>On Monday, Sep 8, 2003, at 08:54 US/Eastern, BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com wrote:

Great pics Greg. Was this the "new" sleep in extenders showing? Dave O. has
some really nice accessories, but I thought the foot rest was supposed to be on
the left. As a rest for that foot when not using the clutch? In some of the
early bug litterature that is where Kamei puts it.

As far as I know the foot rest is in the correct position. I have one of these which I know fit a bug - I am assuming the Type 3 version is identical. The flange on the right hand side was designed to avoid wear/damage to the rubber mat on the chassis tunnel next to the pedal.

I had that foot rest in a 1965 bug for a little while but I actually found it more of an obstacle. It pushed the foot too far to the right and towards the brake pedal, and if I put the rear end of the shoe in the little groove for it the position was uncomfortable very quickly. They obviously did not expect people with a large shoe size :)

jens