[T3] Top End rebuild...

Hi All

I was sending a longer message but it didn't get through to the list, and in
the mean time i did some studying of the bentley and the Idiot Guide. I was
asking about a complete rebuild and what parts I would need and Part #'s and
stuff. After reading deep into both books, I realized I probably only needed
to do the heads and valves, do the maintainence on the Dist, 'clean' the
fuel pump (i read somewhere how to run the fuel pump backwards in a tub of
diesel. Has anyone doen this?, does it work?) and do the maintenece
procedures on the FI and I sould be good to go for a long time.

I also want to do maintanence on the Auto Tranny. While it works good, I
have this issue where the moter is revving like mad after it gets hot, and
in previous questions it seemed like it was due to the drag the Auto puts on
the motor, so if I get it running absolutley perfect it may eliminate the
problem.

Non motor items. whay guage is the body sheet metal? I bought a welder to do
the body work myself and need to 'fab' a couple of patch panels for the rear
quarter and the inside rear quarter. Also, my heater channels are rusty
inside, but no where near all the way through. Is there something I can
spray inside them to stop the rust from spreading? ( i don't want to do a
body off at this time)

AND, if I can get all this figured out by spring, My Pennsylvania wife would
likely agree to go to Hershey next year.

Thanks,

Neil Zeller
69 Auto - FI - Sunroof - over the tranny gas heater - Fastback
Calgary Ab