Re: [T3] engine tin removal

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 20:55, Jim Adney wrote:
> On 5 Sep 2003 at 16:56, . : orntar : . wrote:
>
> > Just so I don't do more work than needed,
> > It is possible to remove the left side engine tin without removing the
> > engine, correct?
> > Any pointers from someone who has done it?
> > I need to see how much thermostat linkage I have. (I know I am missing
> > the thermostat, bracket, and first connecting bar on the car)
>
> If you're looking for thermostat linkage, you're better off pulling the right
> side tin. You're much more likely to find something there.  ;-)
>
> Yes, it can be done in the car, but there will be a couple of screws that will
> be very hard to reach.

You should be able to see what is in there by just taking off the single
plate over the spark plug holes, and then looking in with a mirror. You
don't need to pull the top tin off just to look at the linkage.
There should be a rod from the flaps, a spring from the bell crank, and
a bell crank under two of the center head nets. There should be a rod
from the bell crank down to the thermostat, but I think you said you
know that is missing.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT