Re: [T3] Dave's 73 Notch

Hey thanks, everyone. It feels good to get it from people that know and can appreciate it
for what it is. I've had and driven the car for all of the last ~18 years and it was time
for the rebuild. *But* I do have to say that it is an ongoing project. I had to somewhat
rush the last few weeks to try to get her up and running for an impending local move and
I'll get back into finishing up if and when things settle down again. The bulk of the car
is done, the engine should be in these next few days and then it's on to the little
things that really drive you crazy, like the washer/wiper switch I just bought that was
badged as VW, probably from a late model Type I and has a single black wire with an 1/8"
male connector that's about 10" long that hangs down from the steering column. It's not
on my wiring diagram or on the old switch so I guess I'll have to refer back to the
distributor (California Import Parts) for an explanation. The easy part of the
"rust-eration" is over, now for the real fun.
Thanks again everybody, I sincerely mean it when I say I couldn't have done it without
the help from Greg and his list, and all the folks on it. You guys are the best...I'll
have more questions later, I'm sure.
David Walters
'73 1600 L Notchback
S. FL, USA