Re: [T3] It's ALIVE!

On 31 Aug 2003 at 19:00, Aaron Clow wrote:

> Turned the ignition and much to my complete
> astonishment, it started right up (and didn't
> explode)!

Congratulations!   ;-)

> 1) My fuel pump is on all the time.

I trust that you can track this down and fix it easily. Do you hear a relay
click when you turn the key ON and then another click about 1 second later?

> 2) Three of my fuel injectors were leaking, two of
> them very badly. It appeared as if they were leaking
> between the plastic top and the metal bottom, in that
> seam where they meet. Is this possible?

Yes, this is not only possible, but very likely.

Injectors that have been out of service for a long time will always leak, at
least at first. This appears to be due to the O-rings "drying out" and
shrinking. Often if you just leave them alone with gasoline in them for a few
days they will seal themselves up. They may not be bad.