Re: [T3] Any thoughts on this squareback I am thinking of buying?

Re: [T3] Any thoughts on this squareback I am thinking of buying?
>> From what I can see in the pictures, it doesn't look like it is an
>> upright T-2 engine. This means it is probably a 1700cc or bigger pancake
>> engine. This can be good or bad, depending on the installation. I would
>> want to see the car a little closer, and from the body condition, I
>>wouldn't pay too much.
>>
>> --
>> Russ Wolfe

>Thanks, Russ.

>I think I'm getting the 'bro price... it's going to be $175; that's both
>the fugly squareback in the pictures, and a parts car that looks fairly
>complete. The second one is missing the back hatch, and has no engine (but
>DOES have the transaxle).  The body is pretty much gone on the parts car,
>and I think there is only the title for the fugly one.

>I figure... how can I go wrong?  (yes, yes, I know: famous last words!)

>I'll have to get it in the garage and pull the motor to know more, I
>guess...  It would be pretty keen if it *is* 1700cc or bigger!

>- john

Actually from the pictures, it looks like a standard 1600 variety type three
configured motor, although with earlier style (for the USA) Solex carbs.

If it was a type IV motor, it would be more apparent.  It looks to be fairly
stock, too.

--
Yancy