[T3] Help me troubleshoot turnsignals - 70 Variant

<x-flowed>Good volks,

The turnsignals in my 70 Variant are a bit screwed up, it seems. When I bought it, nothing worked and the hazard light switch was broken. I replaced the hazard switch and relay today, and I also checked the turn signal switch assembly for continuity. So, now the hazard lights work like they're supposed to, almost.

When I pull out the hazard light switch, the warning lights in the gauge will only light up when the ignition is on. It may be the way the 70 is wired up, but I was under the understanding that these lights were to blink in sync with the indicator light in the hazard switch. Also the regular turn signals doesnt work with the ignition on, or engine running, for that matter.

The wiring in this car seems pretty much untouched, in that I mean that it doesnt look like some idiot has made a spaghetti of it all. The only problem I know of right now is that a yellow wire from the light switch to the high/low relay is broken off, but that shouldnt have anything to do with the turn signals or the dash indicator lights, should it?

All the fuses are ok, and the 4 turn signal bulbs all light up with the hazards on, so the problem isnt there at least. Has anyone run by this problem, or similar problem earlier? This really puzzles me.

PerL
73 Variant L
70 Variant