Re: [T3] Has anyone here tried a Mega Squirt EFI replacement

<x-flowed>I have one that I have not assembled-built yet. I have been slowing parts to make it work.
The PO took off the EFI and put a progressive carb on it, so I didn't have any of the EFI stuff.
I have most of the stuff gathered up and should be working on it this winter. It will be going on my 69 Fastback automatic.

There are quite a few air cooled VW's and Porsche's running them. Plus a lot of others. It helps if you have some electronics knowledge and of course you can work on your own car 8) A few good sites with information too. Muller (sp) has some info on the pelicanparts site. You can also check out The Shoptalk Forum, Fuel injection group for some info, where you can search for MegaSquirt.
HTH
Richard (PapaG) Green

Mark Healey wrote:

I've been having problems with my EFI system that stumped even Jim
Adney.  I'm considering replacing it with a Mega Squirt.

http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

It is a build your own flash microcontroller based system that would
cost about U$120.00 in parts.

I was wondering if anyone here has tried it?

Mark Healey
71 FI auto square
71 FI manual square
marksvw@healeyonline.com