Re: [T3] T3 TYPE THREE- wiring and door locks

<x-flowed>first start by completely rewiring your type 3. im not sure about the door handles but ill look at mine and seee which way they go for you.

i hoped that helped a little.
philip warren

From: pcastro <pcastro@dal.ca>
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: [T3] T3 TYPE THREE- wiring and door locks
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:41:49 -0300

Hello all,

I've got one quickie and another one that's got me scratching my head.

The first is an easy one: Which door handle mounts on which side of the car? I
noticed that there is a slight kink in the bar that comes off the mechanism.
Should that bar point upwards or downward?

The second question has to do with my least favourite topic, which is wiring.

First, no matter what, the turning relay clicks on and off even when the
signal or hazards are not on. In addition whenever I turn the lights on I am
able to get the wipers to work (even with no keys in the ignition).....If this
wasn't bad enough, I turned the dimmer on the headlight light switch up and
the dash started to smoke....I am going to investigate all this tommorrow, but
just thought I'd give you guys a heads up that some more detailed questions
are on the way...

Thanks and we'll be in touch,
Phil