Re: [T3] 3602066435

 There IS a copper-nickel alloy called Kunifer that's
> being promoted for brake lines, though. Is that what you mean? I'd love to see
> if I can buy it here, but the stuff I've read only talks about Sweden and
> Volvo. It looks like a great solution to the center brake line corrosion
> problem. Anyone know any more on this?

Kunifer pipe has been sold for many years in the vintage and classic car
magazines in the UK.  There are some companies who can supply sets ready-made
for particular cars, or just a length of pipe and unions.

When I've needed to make a pipe up, I use a piece of wire routed the way I want
the pipe to go to check out the length of pipe needed, and make allowance for
the flare.  Then I can straighten the wire and measure off that amount of pipe.
I needed it in a hurry and had to get copper from the FLAPS.

It sounds as if there are quite a few bits of 'A' trim.  Are the vent wings
(little front windows) brightwork or aluminium paint?

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------