[T3] Brakes have me confused!

ok when i got my car i tried the brakes and they were frozen from lack of
use, actually all the pedals were.  i sprayed penetrating oil on them and
gave them a good kick that freed them.  but upon filling the brake resivor
the fluid leaked from the piston area (even without pressing the pedal).  so
i got a reman master and installed it.  same problem, the fluid leaks from
the piston area for some reason.  so i returned it and got another from
napa.  this one was another casting, i thought good.  so I install it
diffrent, leaving off the switches and pour the fluid in unitl no more air
comes out, then screw in the switches.  i had taken out the pushrod off the
pedal assembly to make sure it wouldnt be a factor.  the fluid was leaking
before i got to push the rod in.  can the seals be in backward?  is it my
error?  wrong brake fluid?  does it take the british fluid?  Girling?

so should i get a 4th master cyl, at this rate it makes me feel like its
something im doing, but i have installed masters in other cars and trucks
without inncident.

another question how does the rear brake system work?  i know that there is
supposed to be in drum systems some residual pressure around 15 psi?  how is
this accomplished?