RE: [T3] Automatic Transmission Mount

On 10 Oct 2003 at 9:26, Carver wrote:

> There's gotta be a glue for this situation that will work. Don't know
> what it is, but there's gotta be one. There is a form of cyanoacrylic
> (superglue) that is used for rubber products. Industrial o-ring
> suppliers have o-ring stock on bulk rolls. The cut to length and glue
> the ends together with this stuff.

I agree. I suspect that all you need is a reasonably appropriate "superglue"
and that should work fine. You may have to  prep, possibly sandblast, the metal
surface and completely degrease both pieces. LocTite makes a nice line of CA
glues, and they will provide data sheets.

Gluing rubber to metal is usually not too hard. You'll want to use a glue that
does not set up super fast, clamp it lightly (not so hard that you start to
squish the rubber sideways,) and make sure everything's clean.

The AT front mount is different from the MT front mount. The 67-73 part must be
for an MT.