Re: [T3] Defective Master Cylinder?

--- BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com wrote:
> There might have been some rust on the pedal shaft.
> Todays boots aren't made
> like they used to be either. When I got one this
> summer, it didn't even come
> with one, so I had to reuse my old one.

You mean the rod that comes from the pedal? No new
one. The only thing I got was the MC itself.

>  it went about 5-6" and then stopped
> hard,
> >with about 3-4" left between the pedal and the
> metal
> >tray that goes behind the pedals.
>
> It sounds like the new one was trying to work, but
> if you got the old one
> working, then maybe you can take the new one back,
> telling them it won't build
> any pressure. I've had a couple do that before, but
> not that often.

The weird thing was that the pedal felt like it was
hitting metal or something... I think what might have
been happening is if I ripped the boot off on
installation instead of removal, it's possible that
the rod from the pedal was hitting the "firewall"
instead of actually even pushing the MC? Is that
possible?

> proof. Did you replace the hoses while you were in
> there?

Just the front hoses. The back ones I can't seem to
get any leverage to get the clips off. They look like
they were replaced recently though, and there doesn't
seem to be any problem with the back brakes working
(they catch & release properly), so I'm thinking I can
get by a little longer with the back hoses as is.

> >it as a daily driver for a few days, so I think at
> >this point I'm going to have the local aircooled
> >mechanic check out the car, do the inspection, and
> >take care of this while he's at it.
>
> This might be a good idea too. I'd look over
> everything else before it goes
> in, like the lights, horn, and wiper blades (I don't
> know why but those places
> like to replace them even if they are only 6 months
> old). I hope this helps.

That's a good idea, yeah... I double-checked the
lights & the horn works (thank goodness)... I'll get
new wiper blades... Anything else I should check
before I bring it in?

Thanks again.

=====
Aaron Clow