RE: [T3] Defective Master Cylinder?

I'll pass on what I find to be a very successful
technique for solo brake bleeding, along with
the rationale behind it.

Run the bleed hose from the nipple UP and over
the tire, and then down into a jar with fluid.

Air caught at the nipple typically remains there
if the hose runs down, continuously being drawn
into the cylinder when the brake pedal is drawn
back after pumping down.

With the hose running up, the bubble is drawn
up by gravity (fluid down = air up) even without
pumping, and the effect is aided by pumping.

When pumping, the air immediately rises, and
gets away from the potential for re-entering
the cylinder. The column of fluid in the hose
above the cylinder also applies a bit of
pressure to keep any air leaks at the nipple
threads from allowing air to enter from that
location.

Jeff  '67 Sqbk
who has managed to bungle many, many, many
brake bleeding jobs, using many, many different
techniques until I found this one