Re: [T3] eBay tank rubber

On 3 Oct 2003 at 16:14, Per Lindgren wrote:

> I saw that the Ebay auction was up to 20 Euros last night, but then I
> found the web site for the store that sells this rubber item and
> downloaded their (German) pricelists. What I found there is that this
> piece, which is a repro, costs 12.50 Euro in their store.

If I've figured out what they've done with the part numbers (swapped the first
2 groups of 3 digits - why do they do that?) then their price for the overflow
hose is 27.50 Euro. The part number for the overflow hose is 311 201 179A.

My German isn't good enough to see where it indicates that this is a repro.

I think you were just looking at the wrong part. The 12.50 Euro part may be the
boot that seals the filler to the fender.

> Other than that, they had many type 3 parts that arent common any more,
> among others, new heater boxes for 139 Euro each, and a new Leistrich
> muffler for 199 Euro (w/o tail pipe). Also door gaskets (repro) for 40
> Euro each, early type 3 mirrors for 75 Euro each and many other things..

I seem to recall that you mentioned this site a few months ago. The pdf pages
just look familiar. I also seem to think that someone contacted them about the
overflow hoses and they were actually out of stock.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org