Re: [T3]

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 03:16, T3 Junkie wrote:
> Hey all quick question:
>
> A friend dropped off his 69 type 1 (Hey not all my friend drive type 3's)for
> me to look at his clutch.
>
> He had the clutch,pressure plate an t/o bearing replaced about 1 year
> ago...well now when you depress the clutch pedal, just about half way, it
> makes a "pop" or "clicking" noise..
> I have never had to deal with a clutch cable tube coming loose in the pan,
> might this be it? What does that feel/sound like?
>
> It feels like the cable is catching on something just a bit and then it
> doesnt and goes to the floor no problem. I have adjusted it a few way and it
> made no difference; my only other thought way maybe a bad Pressure plate?
>
> Toby stopped by and we *think* it sounds like it is coming from the back of
> the car..not near the front.

Since this it a T-1, Check under the back seat, and remove the
inspection plate. See if the tube is loose there. If it is, you are luck
and don't have to open the tunnel to fix it. If it still welded there,
remove the e-brake boot, and check along side the ebrake handle. Stick a
long screw driver down and touch the tube bundle. Operate the clutch and
see if it moves. If so, you will need to open the tunnel below the
ebrake handle and reweld the bracket. If that is OK, then it is either
broken at the front, or it is something else.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT