Re: [T3] Injector interchangability?

On 30 Nov 2003 at 20:13, Jim Adney wrote:

> On 30 Nov 2003 at 20:13, David V.N. wrote:
>
> > Naive?No.Optimistic?Probably.Looking forward to doing it?Definately!
>
> I tend to be pessimestic about things like this, but I tend to believe that
> this is because I think I understand them better than most. Of course I may be
> wrong on both counts, but see below....
>
> > It won't waste anything if used to feed a larger displacement (if you're
> > refering to higher fuel pressure=max is 34 or 36psi,I think.)Either way an
> > exhaust analyxer is in order,Can you suggest a source?
>
> The PS measures the pressure DROP across the inlet. It uses that to indicate
> the amount of airflow. At low throttle and RPM this will be just fine with a
> large engine; air is air and a measured amount will get a measured amount of
> fuel. At some point the PS will max out, however, and then there will be no
> additional fuel as the airflow continues to increase. So you are lean.
>
> If you try to cure this by just increasing the fuel pressure you can make
> things work right at some point, but the mixture at 36psi will be 20% rich and
> the PS will still be maxed out.

Sorry this was garbled. Try this:

If you try to cure this by just increasing the fuel pressure, you can make
things work right at some single point, but the mixture at 36psi will be 20%
rich across the board at low throttle and RPM, and the PS will still be maxed
out at high air flow conditions (open throttle and higher RPMs.)