Re: [T3] CVjoints questions

> The inevitable happened: One of the screws rounded out as I was trying
> to remove the other drive shaft.

It is vital with these screws to use the right tool (I assume you did) and clean
the mud and grease from the socket first, plus tap the bit in to endure it has
the best grip possible.
You may get some luck by tapping the tool into the socket screw - there may be
enough at the bottom of the hole to grip, and the tool can make the slots a bit
longer.  If not I've hammered in a slightly larger allen socket (impact drivers
usually come with a set of them) with success.  If all else fails, you may have
to saw (or grind) off the head of the screw and remove the remains later,
gripping with a vice eg.  Either way you will need another screw, so what you do
to it doesn't matter now.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/