Re: [T3] Engine mounts

On 22 Nov 2003 at 15:13, Daniel Baum wrote:

> It turns out I am missing the two side rear rubber engine mounts. For this
> reason my engine is too low, and presumably also makes the body of the car
> vibrate too much.

Took me awhile to figure out what you meant, but now it's clear. These mounts
were supplied as complete units only, but I guess they could come apart. I know
the center part can be pulled out. I'd expect your part to be just like all the
rest of the type 3 IRS rear mounts as used from 69-73. It would be easiest if
you just got a pair that was still complete with the rubber and installed them,
rather than trying to press them apart and reassemble.

You won't have to realign as long as you mark the position of the old ones,
assuming that they are still in their original places.

Yes, I would think that these would make a huge racket if the rubber was not
there anymore.

I have these also, in good used condition, if you need them, but I'll bet you
can find them locally in a late type 3 parts car.