RE: [T3] 74/78 crank?

> > we almost never drove as slowly as 70,
> > and we spent a significant amount of time above 90. No
> problem at all....
> >

> I'd confirm we were doing good speeds, partly through
> planning to save a day on
> the return and partly through unplanned stop(s) which led to
> having to do 700
> miles in one day.

The lack of a "oil temperature gage governor" on any of the cars making the
return trip also helped. <G>

> I shan't forget the keep-up-with-John drive at speed in the
> dark doing a slalom
> through the oil-cans and road works in Wyoming to keep ahead
> of a threatening
> storm.  Luckily we didn't get stopped or they probably
> wouldn't let me back in
> next time.

That run through the Wyoming night with the huge thunderstorm chasing us was
certainly memorable.  Especially with a 6 volt car leading the way. <G>

Don't miss out on all this fun.  Plan your trip to Hershey now.  Invasion
2004 in coming up fast.  BTW, got our first Invader from Florida confirmed
yesterday.  I will be adding him to the list and map in the next couple of
days.  Only unrepresented part of the country left is the desert
SouthWest........by August the Pennsylvania salt with be washed away and we
will be at least several weeks from first snow fall. <G>  Bring out those
rust free desert cars.

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI Auto Fasty (Jane)