[T3] 74/78 crank?

<x-flowed>Oh Aaron-

You had to go open this can 'o worms didnt yah?
sheessh.

Well here is my take...I use a 74 crank. (8 doweled) Why? No case work is needed it drops right in place of a stock 69 crank.

Other things to think about..
You can re-use your case if it is in good un-cut condition. If you tear the motor down- a good machine shop can tell you if [or how many times] it has been line bored. IF the case is virgin or still in its first oversize cut then you can use the case with no problems, you don't want to use a case that has been cut 2 or 3 oversizes for a perfomance application.

Are you using stock size pistons? I know of many people (myself included) that run 92 and 94 in street motors with great results...I know people freak out about this alot but I can only tell you based on my personal experience that they do work and can survive a long time..a friends 2332 just turned 75k!

You can use stock rods, but i would balence them...I would think about having your motor at least balanced, it make a great difference.

You touched on full-flow that is a must have addition, but don't forget also a deep sump.
Don't forget that your cam and heads will also play a big part of the question.

Just decide what you want to do with your motor and go from there

Martin Magnia

The DDB, Portland OR

For all your T3 needs see us.
WWW.TheDDB.com