Re: [T3] this didn't just happen (help, please)

On 16 Nov 2003 at 15:17, Greg Merritt wrote:

> Would it just come to rest and bumble around in the bottom of that
> space?  Or is it going to wedge itself when the engine's at speed and
> really rip things to shreds?

I think you're justified to be scared. It may not be in the bell housing, but
you really need to find it. One way or another. You probably think you've
already checked everywhere else, but you really probably haven't. There's a lot
of strange terroritory up there, and there would be nothing worse than to pull
the engine only to then see it sitting on top somewhere in plain sight.

> Meanwhile, my AT filler tube seal, down at the bottom where it enters
> the tranny, is pretty shot.  Anybody have a good source for these?
> It's a fairly basic black rubber o-ring sort ofthing.

You can probably get a replacement at a local bearing house. Call them and see
if they carry O-rings, then take in your old one for comparison. If that
doesn't work, I may have one here.