From: Yancy Everhart [mailto:yancy.everhart@earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 1:34 PM
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: Re: [T3] Water leak

On 11 Nov 2003 at 19:15, Aaron Clow wrote:

> I was working on my engine the other day and I noticed
> that the whole rear deck of the car was sopping wet.
> Funny thing is, the rubber cargo mat showed no signs
> of a leak on the top. Dry as a whistle. Somehow the
> water is getting under there and it doesn't look to be
> coming from the windows.

I've dealt with this problem before, although on a '66 Squareback.

Besides the possibility of the brain compartment leaking on a FI model, the
clip boots for the cargo area panels can leak water in and behind the panels
and under the rubber mat.

Was quite a mystery until I looked through the air intake louvers and
noticed a couple of naked panel clips!  I replaced all boots and ended the
seeping.

--
Yancy Everhart
66 Squareback