Re: [T3] Back to those old fuel tanks, Yuck

On 10 Nov 2003 at 8:13, phil cain wrote:

> Is there any sorce for a aftermarket fuel tank for the T-3, my tank is
> loaded with rust and I dont think cleaning it will help, I need a rust
> free tank anyone know where or how to get one.

What year? FI or carbs?

Surface rust can be cleaned out, but if the tank wall is rusted thin then you
need to replace it. If the rust is thin, a radiator shop can often clean it out
for you.

I do NOT recommend the plastic coatings that are sold to coat the inside of gas
tanks. They will clog up things in there which are important.

I have several good used FI tanks here. I doubt if you have any real
alternative other than used. There was a NOS one on ebay a couple of weeks ago,
but that's gone now and I wouldn't expect to see another one any time soon.

I think shipping might be difficult for something like this, but it's possible.