Re: [T3] Brake Problems

> FWIW, now that you've explained it a little more, this
> is EXACTLY what my problem was. Totally fixed by
> adjusting the rear brakes. Good luck!
>
> > I will let you no if adjusting the rear brakes
> > works, but if not, is it
> > possible I got a bad master cylinder from RMMW?  It
> > arrived with no plugs or
> > caps on any of the openings like I am used to
> > seeing.
>
> I had the same suspicion when I was installing my new
> one... That I got a bad MC.

Well after readjusting the rear brakes, the pedal does feel better.  I guess
from what Jim said the pedal won't feel as hard as it did before since my
old calipers were dragging badly.  The pedal still seems to travel about
half way before it gets hard, but I've been driving cars with power brakes
since I've been playing around with my brakes.  Also, I've been pumping the
pedal so much I don't know what it should feel like anymore, but it is
definitely better and doesn't need to be pumped to get the car stopped.

Dave Rosso
Pittsburgh, PA
'69 Fastback
'73 Super Beetle