RE: [T3] Door check straps

> damaged rubber bits. What I need is a source of little
> miniature rubber hockey
> pucks, about 1" dia and 1/2" thick. I'd have to cut a slot
> thru them, but I
> figure that should be possible one way or another.
>
> Anyone got any ideas on something that these could be made
> from?

A couple of things come to mind.....one is to do like I did with Sophy until
just recently.  Remove the door check strap from the door and wrap the strap
with a cheap roll of black electrical tape.  Keep wrapping until you get it
the right diameter.  Worked in Sophy for more than a year and would still be
working just fine if I hadn't found a good replacement at a swap meet.

The second is to use rubber stoppers.  Will likely have to cut them shorter
since the length is typically greater than the diameter.  Could even get the
ones with two holes in them and just cut the material out between them to
get the slot for the strap.  They would have a slight taper to them, but
shouldn't be a problem.  Might even make the reaction force a bit
progressive. <G>

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI Auto Fasty (Jane)