Re: [T3] Not starting after long drives

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 19:26, Keith Park wrote:
> Ya know.... in 20 years of T3 driving Ive never had a problem with a hot
> start... I think he has a problem, if it were vapor lock or something
> characteristic of our FI Id think I would have had an issue with it at some
> time.
> I agree with Jim that the fuel lines need to be good, if there over 10 years
> old the need to be replaced anyway, but if 30PSI doenst push fuel through a
> hole I doubt 15PSI of air would get through.
>
> Id stick a pressure gauge on it... see whats really happening, then maybe
> you have an intermittant in the motor, do you hear it try to run when the
> car doesnt start?
>
> If properly working, the FI should be "issue less"

My '71 does this once in a while, on real hot days after driving 20
miles or so. I shut the car off to go in and get a can of cola or
something, and when I come out, it won't start. If I turn the key off
and on a couple times, it will then start. I don't have any fuel leaks,
and have never had the pressure gage on it to check when it does it. I
am NOT using a stock VW FI fuel pump. I have always had suspisions <sp>
that it might have something to do with the trigger points sticking when
hot.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT