[T3] Kevin trek update (attn: Russ and Jim)

<x-flowed>
	Two updates on Kevin G.'s trip from CA to MA in his '71 Squareback.

	First, got a postcard today from Kevin, sent from Butte, MT.  Cool!

About an hour later, the phone rang... and it was Kevin calling from near Pierre, SD. He had a couple of questions.

Toward the end of their most recent leg, he was sleeping and his gf was driving. She reports that the car finished the leg running at somewhat reduced power. They don't seem to chalk it up to hills or altitude. It doesn't seem to be running particularly rough, though Kevin says that the idle is a bit rough.

I suggested that if I were in his shoes, I'd start with the points -- timing and dwell. I would also check the four injector electrical connectors, and the trigger point plug, though I've usually found that problems with these would most typically be associated with rough running.

I described the possibility of a clogged fuel filter causing "loss of power" troubles. We talked about the location of the filter and how to change it, and that not just any filter will do due to pressure/flow/fitting size requirements.

He also described a burning smell that seemed to be recent but ongoing, smelled more often when slowing down or coming to a stop. As we talked, I forgot to mention the rear hatch seals. He said that it did not smell like plastic burning. Oh, he also used some chemical degreaser on the bottom of the engine before the smell started, though he didn't feel that there was strong correlation.

He has your contact info, Russ and Jim. (Lucky dog and a lucky part of the world to be in, if you ask me, if your '71 Squareback is making a fuss!) He also asked me to look up SD locals on the type2.com AIRS list; got four names for him off of that.

	Let's wish him luck!

-Greg