Re: [T3] Steering damper

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Baum" <daniel@type34.info>

> > There wasn't a washer under the old one and there wasn't one in the
> mounting
> > kit supplied so I'll have to search for something suitable.
>
> I've been wondering about this; what was in the mounting kit that you got
> with it? Mine is also made by Cofap, and it just came with a little
plastic
> bag containing a nut and a kind of bizarre lock washer.
>
> BTW, mine has the correct Type 3 part number printed on the box.

Mine didn't have a part number on the box but I don't think it would have
fitted if it weren't a type3 one?

I had the same fitting kit- the nut and the "jam" nut which is very
difficult to get on without ruining it. Unfortunately I couldn't use the
nylock nut off the old one as it was a different thread. You should try
fitting that nut off the car first as it was very awkward for me.

Marl Seaton,
'73 Fasty