Re: [T3] generator pulley - mm wrench size?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Per Lindgren" <lindgre@online.no>

> Jim Adney wrote:
>

> >???????????
> >
> >Are you talking about the generator shaft nut, or the bolt in the center
of the
> >fan/pulley? I assumed that Toby was talking about something about his
setup
> >that was different because of his alternator.
> >

> I think they are both talking about the fan bolt. I do the same myself,
> take off the intake boot and turn the engine on the crank itself.
>
> PerL

Perhaps my intake boot is too old and stiff, but I had a hell of a job
getting it back on last time, with a stock exhaust fitted. Had to use rubber
grease to get it to squeeze in between the fan housing and the exhaust heat
shield. Are you guys using fresh new bellows because mine was very thick and
inflexible- couldn't really see the point in the bellows as I'm sure it
wouldn't flex much. But it wasn't cracked and fitted fine in the end. I
wouldn't want to do it each time I checked my valves though!

Since I learnt the error of my ways (those round "teeth" on the fan pulley
sure do invite a prying screwdriver!), I do it more like Dave- use a spanner
on the gen pulley nut and press down on the fan belt to get it to grip-
works one way better than the other but works fine. Its always a bit hard to
get it to go over the compression stroke though.

Mark Seaton
'73 Fasty