Re: [T3] Info on synth brake fluids?

On 29 May 2003 at 21:37, Keith Park wrote:

> DOT 5

> The only thing I notice is the the pedal on Sili cars seems a bit spongy, I dont
> notice it during normal use but when really laying into it statically it seems
> to have alot of travel even when bled properly.

I THINK this is due to the fact that the silicone is such a good rubber to
metal lubricant. With normal fluid there is a fair amount of friction between
the seals and the walls. This friction leads to a stiffer and "stickier" pedal
feel which is simply missing with the silicone. The feeling is a bit odd at
first, but you quickly get used to it. After 20+ years of using it, I have to
be reminded of this as I've long since forgotten about it.