RE: [T3] generator pulley - mm wrench size?

> I cannot understand why others can't just turn the pulley by
> hand with the belt. Have I got exceptionally low compression
> or something?  If so, it starts well, works well, and gives
> excellent gas mileage.  (I can't do it on the 10:1 CR of the
> Polo though).

I don't do this 'cause I don't quite understand.  How would you get your
hand in there to turn the pulley with the belt?  I have heard of this with a
beetle, but I can't image doing this on a T3. What am I missing?

Jason Smith
71 Square FI AT
Columbus, OH USA
http://jasontsmith.tripod.com/vw.htm